When it comes to skincare, men are not exactly most enthusiastic. The old soap and water trick is maybe the easiest routine, but if you do not want your skin to age faster than you, learn to take care of it with these 7 essential tips.
- Wash your face: Men have oilier skin than women and should wash their face at least twice with a good oil control face wash daily to balance the oil production.
- Shave right: Not all razors suit all men. If you experience razor bumps, burns or even ingrown hair your razor is too hard for your skin. Change into a single and double bladed razor and wet your skin before shaving to protect it. Keeping your beard well moisturized will also protect your skin. Check out these great beard oil reviews to find the right one for you.
- Moisturize: As you age, your skin loses its luster because it produces less oil. Moisturizing your skin is the key to stay away from crow’s feet and frown lines.
- Always wear sunscreen: Sun damage equally affects men. Use a water resistant sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Use good razors: Most men shave at least 3 times every week. Choosing a quality razor that fits your skin sensitivity will keep your face younger for longer.
- Exfoliate: Men tend to accumulate dead skin a lot because they are not in habit to exfoliate. It causes oil and dirt to build up under their skin which could cause infection and acne.
- Use after Shave: After shave does a lot more than make you smell nice. It hydrates, soothes and disinfects your skin all at once after a nice clean shave, creating a proper barrier for the rawness.